Friday, May 27, 2016

Bridal Shower card and gift

I can't believe a year has gone by since I made this card and gift for my niece-to-be's bridal shower. It's now almost time for their 1st Anniversary!  Anyway, I thought I might share it for inspiration. 

I used some glittered pink paper for the card front and cut out the wedding dress from the Cricut Cartridge Sweethearts. I layered this over some swirl patterned vellum and added a few pearl heart stickers. Then I attached it onto a blank card and put the pearly heart on the envelope to match. Quick, pretty & I used a little more of my stash!




As part of the gift for the bride-to-be, I created a personalized decorative plate with their names, last initial and wedding date. I found the charger plate in Michael's and it was the perfect color for the wedding theme. I was fairly new to vinyl projects at the time, so now when I look at it I wish the placement was different and that I added something to the rim. I do love that M monogram, though!



I still have most of the personalized gifts I received for my bridal shower and appreciate the time and effort put into them. The framed, cross-stitched name & wedding date with a pearl border and a hand painted slate of a bride & groom with our name & date are both proudly hung in our home. 

What are some of the memorable handcrafted gifts you have received? I'd love to hear your comments!










No comments:

Post a Comment